Friday, August 29, 2014

LETTER 52: The one where Tessa puts her area on the map

8/11/14

Just shooting off pictures from this last week, I'll send details tomorrow. Today's has been the craziest P-day...as in, we don't even have one haha we've got a bunch of lessons! It's a blessing though, definitely can't complain. We're seeing the biggest miracles!!

Tomorrow brings transfers, and Sister Goettsche is leaving me!! ): I'm super sad about it. Anxious to see what God has in store for me next, who my companion will be, and what new ways I can continue to learn and grow! The good news about me not having time today is that we will make up some P-day time tomorrow, and you don't have to wait a full week to hear who my comp is! (I can almost picture how happy my mom is at hearing that (; )

Love you all. More tomorrow.

--Sister Bishop


Old picture from our flour fight! The best. Notice how a full bag of flour is getting dumped on me, and how Sister Goettsche is about to get hit in the face haha. We took the brunt of everything that day...

Carpooling with the Northridge sisters (:

My new favorite study spot (; 

Went to the Food Trucks for dinner--got a grilled cheese sandwich that has Mac n' Cheese in the middle...changed my life.

The goat that scared me to death. Had to be there...so funny.


Church Sunday with Yoon (: She's the cutest little korean.

Relief Society!

Dinner with my favorite members!! The Marlows (: Flashback to my first transfer in Granada Hills!

 Taking the new sisters out contacting this morning!


What a great week (: 

We had a fantastic Sister Training Leader meeting this week. Something we talked a lot about was really developing unconditional love like the Savior. None of us deserve the Savior's love, yet He freely took our sins knowing it would be immensely difficult for Him. It's so important that we learn to represent Christ through our own 'Gardens of Gethsemane.' As we put on the altar of sacrifice our pride and pain, we can love people unconditionally. We can truly love people for who they are, not what they did--looking past their actions.

We've been teaching a bunch. Also working on creating some maps to organize our area better! We realized that the spirit has a really difficult time guiding us when we have no idea where we are or who's in the area haha so now we are really cracking down on organizing! It'll help lots to be able to be guided more where we need to be.

We went on exchanges this week and had a super revelatory experience. Learned tons! It's amazing how God has placed experiences in my life and taught me the things I need to know, so that on exchanges He can draw from them to guide me in helping the sisters. I really feel the greatest blessing is being an instrument in God's hands. There's nothing like walking away from a lesson, exchange, contact, etc. knowing that God was purely speaking through me. Not even remembering what I said, but knowing that it was what the person needed and the spirit was doing the talking.

There's much I could say, but it is harder than I thought to write out everything I'm experiencing and learning on my mission! God is way too good to me--and to each of us. He is always running to our aid. We don't have to cross the finish line to receive blessings from God. All He wants is for us to reach out to Him. I love this work with my whole heart! This gospel has made me happier than I ever imagined.

Thank you for all you do!

--Sister bishop

My new companion! Sister Lewis (:



Got Bishop?

We've started volunteering twice a week at a Paraplegic home. This is Vicky! We painted with her this week (:


With Siddhi at church!


Bowling zone activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment