Sunday, April 27, 2014

LETTER 37: The one where Tessa teaches at Wienerschnitzel

Hello (:

This week has been absolutely amazing. I can not get over how many miracles we've been able to witness and be part of! I'm truly humbled and grateful. 

Here's two of my favorite miracles:

--We found a new investigator named Sergio, and were teaching him outside of Wienerschnitzel at their tables (classy...). Half way through the lesson, I noticed a man at the table next to us who was listening in, and even moved closer so he could hear our conversation. We ended the lesson with Sergio, and went and talked with the eaves-dropper. Long story short, we got his info and set an appointment with him! His name is Cole, and now we've been able to teach him a few times, and he came to church. He's been involved with the ward, and loves it all so far. The original investigator we were teaching, Sergio, has since been dropped. BUT I know we met him for a specific purpose, and a big part of that was so we could meet Cole! How cool, right? 

--We went to follow-up with an old referral, who happens to be our neighbor. His name is Joseph, and he is just starving for the truth. He wants it so bad! And luckily, that is what we share (: So we met him, and he expressed how grateful he was for us coming by. We gave him some information on the Restoration, and set a return appointment. When we got to the appointment, he only had about 10 minutes. He had read through the information, started reading the Book of Mormon, and loves it all so far. We didn't have time to teach him, so instead we shared a scripture and invited him to be baptized--he said yes! It's not set in stone yet--we still have to actually start teaching him haha but he wants it so bad. He is absolutely amazing.

All in all, we found five new investigators, taught eight lessons, and had three people come to church. I'm pretty sure those are record high numbers for me on my mission! It's just been the greatest blessing. There's nothing better than seeing how God is using you as an instrument in His hands. There is honestly no such thing as coincidences. I'm convinced that God has a master plan, and orchestrates everything perfectly so that we meet people at the exact time that we do! I just know He's there and so aware of each of us. He is going to do everything He can to bring each of His children home to Him. 

Studio City is absolutely amazing. 6 months in Wiley Canyon made me forget that street contacting was actually a thing haha. And now, all we do is street contacting! It's so fun being able to share so much joy and happiness and love and light with everyone we come in contact with. It's up to them whether to accept it or not, but I'm sure each person walks away a little happier (: At least I like to think so.

I love missionary work. I love my God, and my Savior. What a blessing it was to have Easter and remember the great sacrifice He's made for us! 

"Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Isral and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world." --3 Nephi 11:14

I know each of us will have this opportunity to be with Christ again. That day will come, and now is the time to prepare for it. 

Love you all!

--Sister Bishop

Went to Universal Studios City Walk with my district! Love them.




Catz (:

We made a giant map of our area!

Exchanges with Sister Williams! The tables have turned...(;


Easter!!! Thank you family!



No comments:

Post a Comment