Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Farewell!

Alright, this little bloggy is getting handed over to my mother to post my weekly emails home! This is the last post from yours truly.

But first, I though I'd share a little about my farewell.

It was WAY more stressful than I thought it would be, so a tip for you sisters with a farewell in your future: start early! The list of things to do for it just piles up, and then all of a sudden the day is there and you're just running around all crazy-like!

Luckily, though the stress was intense for a moment, it all went swimmingly and turned out perfect. My talk went better than I had hoped for, the spirit was so strong! That's probably the most important part. Bring the spirit to the meeting, and it will carry the message into the hearts of the people (and make them cry so you're not the only one (; ).




 My topic was Finding Joy in Living the Gospel and Serving Others. A bit of a broad topic if you ask me, but it was fun to work with and something I whole-heartedly believe in! The gospel is meant to bring us joy, and sometimes we overlook that and get caught up in the little day to day things in life. Don't forget how to have true JOY in living the gospel! Plus, serving others is just the best. It brings you more happiness than the people you are serving.

I'm so so thankful for everyone who came, I appreciate the love and support!

Sorry this is a short post, I only have 1 hour left on the computer and lots to do. (: I love you all, don't hesitate to write me!



Here's my MTC address until the 29th:

Sister Tessa Marie Bishop
JULY-29 CA-SFER
2011 N 900 E Unit 245
Provo, UT 84062

See you in January 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment