Tuesday, February 25, 2014

LETTER 30: The one where Tessa avoids arrest...again

Well...not a whole lot is new down here in So. Cal! We knocked some doors...a lot of doors...the usual haha. But things are going well! We've been scouring our area looking for houses we haven't knocked, and re-knocking places we've knocked already. We found a jackpot of 5 houses tucked away in this corner that we didn't know of before. We had to sneak around the gate haha somewhat maybe not allowed...but we were desperate and soo excited to talk to new people!! The first house we knocked on was a cop, and he totally knew we snuck in. It was hilarious and somewhat embarrassing, but he was nice about it (: No arrests for us. (;

We had a big miracle happen--we committed Tashanna, Ederick, and their 2 kids to be baptized!! Buuut then they dropped us the next day. That was rough. It's just interesting how the spirit can be incredibly strong in a lesson, and we know their hearts were touched--but they still have their agency and choose to cast out the seed before giving it place to grow. We love them and will keep trying and praying in an effort to soften their hearts, but we know ultimately God has a plan for them. It's hard sometimes not to see these disappointments as a reflection of my efforts as a missionary. Ultimately though, I know that we are doing our part as missionaries in teaching simple pure doctrine, and inviting people to act. That's all God asks of me, so I can still feel like a successful missionary if I know I'm doing my part.

We went on two exchanges this week, first I was with Sister Marsh in Seco Canyon, and then with Sister Dials in Saugus 3rd. They are amazing sisters! We saw miracles and had fun working hard. We taught one of their investigators, Linda, and the lesson was incredible. Linda finally prayed for the first time, and then at church yesterday she got her answer that the gospel is true!! Amazing miracle, so happy to be a small part of it.

Something that's stood out to me more and more is just how we have one message. God has reached out again to us through a prophet to reveal His plan for us--a plan for us to return to live with Him. This includes taking steps in this life; namely, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. It's way cool that really our sole purpose for being here is preparing to meet God again. We make these choices now to change and become better, so we can be with our Father. That's what it's all about. Are we each doing all we can to make these preparations to return to God? There's just so much more for us than this life. We are eternal beings. We have an incredible purpose and divine worth. As we trust God and turn to Him, the problems of the world become smaller, it's as simple as that.

I loooove this gospel with my whole heart, and there's nothing that brings me more joy than sharing it with others. It's truly incredible. I'm blessed more than I deserve, I love the personal relationship I'm gaining with my Savior. It's priceless. 

Thank you all for your support! 
Much love,

Sister Bishop


Birthday dinner with the Gardner family, I love these boys!!


Presents from family, ward members, and friends. Too kind!


Me and Sister Marsh (:

We found a sushi place in our area!!

93 degrees...summer? Nope. Valentine's day. Ahh!

The lovely Sister Dials and I

No comments:

Post a Comment