Wednesday, January 8, 2014

LETTER 25: The one where Tessa breaks from tradition

What an amazing week this was! 

I'm breaking out of tradition and just writing a quick email without separating it into categories...I know, a little crazy. I hope you can make it. (;

I can hardly contain my excitement, so first things first: Mallory committed to be baptized on February 1st!!! :D I'm so excited! We taught her the Plan of Salvation and extended the baptismal invitation, it was amazing. She is coming right along--loving the Book of Mormon and gaining a testimony for herself of the truthfulness of these things. Chad wasn't able to join us the past two lessons, so we are hoping to see him again, catch him up to speed, and invite him to join Mallory on the first and be baptized as well (:

We've been meeting with Steve regularly, we are blessed to have such strong amazing relationships with the people we teach. Steve is still an amazing example to us and is showing his faith in trying to break some old habits. 

We met with quite a few less-active members this week. It's a faith-builder for me to see them coming back to church, fanning the flame of their testimonies once again. 

Adeline is doing amazingly well, we are continuing to meet with her and have started seeing her more times each week. She knows it's true and desires so badly to be baptized, but we are working to help her have more support from her family as well. We've got plans, and once that gets going--she'll be baptized soon, we all know it.

I don't think I've ever been happier. I seriously don't have words to express the joy I feel being able to be an instrument in God's hands, reaching out to His children and bringing them home to their Father. God is good. The core of the message is simple. We have a Heavenly Father who loves us and everything after that is but a result of that love. The first and greatest commandment is to love the Lord thy God--the rest are just teaching us how to love. I am so grateful for the love God has for His children. Miracles are seen everyday to confirm that statement.

Love from So Cal,

Sister Bishop

Learning by trial and error that liquid dishwasher soap does NOT do well in a dishwasher...woops!


Ate dinner with Cara and Matt, they made us each a mini bird...it was pretty cool.


After realizing I had NO pictures to send home this week, we took a selfie.

No comments:

Post a Comment