Thursday, October 24, 2013

LETTER 15: The one where Tessa has an extra p-day. Surprise!!

So I know it's only been 2 days...but I have another P-day this week, surprise! (: My new companion (more about her later...) hasn't had one for 2 weeks, so she got permission to email today. Perks of being a companion! (: So just a quick update...

STORIES

--Monday night, we had "the last supper" with the Hansen family! Love them. Had Grandpa Hansen's famous tacos. Went to say bye to our ward mission leader, Brother Nelson. Last but not least, went and said bye to Glenn. Tears were shed by both of us, it was bittersweet. He is so kind and the most amazing person I've ever had the pleasure of knowing! We promised that we'd be life-long friends though, so that takes away a little of the sting of saying goodbye. Love love love my miracle Glenn!

--Tuesday was transfer meeting, my first one where I actually knew what was going on! Fun to see all the new missionaries coming in, 30 of them and only 3 were from somewhere other than Utah haha. Well, drumroll please....

I got called to the Newhall 1st ward, with Sister Naylor as my companion!! It's the best ward ever, President Hall is in it, as well as a member of the area 70, and just all the members are incredible. This area is in the Santa Clarita valley, just north over the hill from Granada Hills. It's super nice here, I'm spoiled!

Sister Naylor is from Prescott, Arizona, and I love her to death! She is actually the only other sister that Sister Rhoades has trained, so we have the same "mom" (: We are so much alike and are just having a blast already.

My new address is: 
25399 The Old Road Building 5 Apt. 308
Stevenson Ranch, CA 91381

His 10th taco! I tried to out-eat him...I got stuck at 3. Haha


All the Hansen kids, they're the greatest.

Glenn, Callie, and his sweet mom Virginia <3

Saying bye to the Nelsons!


All packed up and leaving my old apartment! I was a little sad...

Me and Sister Naylor! Trying and failing at taking jumping pictures. We got some pretty funny ones haha

Haha this one cracks us up. I don't know what I'm doing...but I look blown away by her amazing jump. (:

We gave up jumping and just took a selfie. Love my Sister Naylor!

After District Meeting this morning

Some of our Elders!


Well, that's about it. Things are just going really well, I'm so happy! Talk to you all next Monday (:

--Sister Bishop


No comments:

Post a Comment