Tuesday, June 17, 2014

LETTER 42: The one where Tessa wanders around and BAM!...

5/27/14:

With not a whole lot of teaching appointments or other meetings taking up our time, we talked with soo many people about the gospel this week. Seriously everyone! And with that of course, comes many miracles and funny stories. (: 

It's cool how sometimes you just feel like you're wandering around, and then all of a sudden--BAM. You find your purpose for being there. A miracle happens. We had quite a few instances of that this week, where we just went where we felt good and had no real destination, but ended up finding people who are truly prepared to hear the gospel at this time. I love it! Learning to follow promptings and rely on the spirit really is a process. A rewarding one!

I'm learning lots about developing Christlike attributes. It's so liberating to think about how our purpose in life is to make choices. And it truly, 100%, for real does not matter what other people do. What matters is the choices that we make--how we choose to respond. And refining the way we act and react is a huge part of developing Christlike attributes, and becoming more like our Savior. Because of Jesus Christ, we are able to change our very natures. We never have to say, "that's just the way I am." No. We are here to learn and grow, and God is eager to forgive and help us. He wants us to be our perfect selves, and he's giving us every opportunity to become just that--perfect. 

I love this gospel. I love and cherish the things I'm experiencing down here in SoCal. There is nothing that compares to it! It's so wonderfully challenging and rewarding. Thank you for your love, support, and prayers! 

--Sister Bishop

I was pulling a card out of my bag to give to someone, and I got a huge paper cut in the process which bled a surprising amount! I told the person, "see the things I do for you?" haha they laughed and walked away. No call back from them yet. Stay tuned. (;

Went to see the Hollywood sign again, this time with all the sisters in our zone. So touristy. 

My squirrel friends. 


Memorial day burgers!


No comments:

Post a Comment